UKGC Affiliate Guidelines from Mr Affiliate (Mr Green Casino)
For your convenience we have compiled a set of UKGC and ASA guidelines that must be strictly followed across all U.K territories, but should be reinforced across all GEOs in the interest of protecting players.
For your convenience we have compiled a set of UKGC and ASA guidelines that must be strictly followed across all U.K territories, but should be reinforced across all GEOs in the interest of protecting players. We are here to help and advise you as much as we can, so should you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out.
UKGC and ASA Guidelines
Protecting Young and Vulnerable People
- Ads cannot appeal to people under 18, therefore only advertise on sites that have a very clear adult demographic
- Ads must have adult themes so avoid characters of a genre that may be seen as child appealing such as Gonzo’s Quest and Hansel & Gretel for example
- If your ad is freely accessible and not for certain only going to be viewed by over 18s the last point is particularly important
- Ads should not suggest that playing at Mr Green can help to improve finances, health, popularity, attractiveness and so forth
Making sure ads won’t be seen as misleading
- All bonus and wagering conditions must be stated in the ad
- If space is an obvious issue, T&Cs should be no more than 1 click away
- It must be clear that it is an advertisement, if that is in doubt, “advertisement” must be stated
- Avoid advertorial style advertisements that may imply a person is guaranteed to win or improve his/her life
- Ads must not overstate the likelihood of luck
Staying Both Compliant and within Mr Affiliate’s T&Cs
- Ads must mention ‘18+, T&Cs apply and www.begambleaware.co.uk’ if advertising in the UK
- If using social media, the audience must be limited to an 18+ audience through targeting and have 18+ in the page bio
- Social media posts must be approved by the Mr Affiliate team
- Only double opt in mailers are acceptable
- No pop traffic
- No SMS traffic
- No media buying allowed unless firstly providing us with a domain list of exactly where Mr Green is advertised
- Mailers and content need to be clear that you are not Mr Green but rather promoting a Mr Green offer
- If you have a network of publishers you are responsible for them promoting our brand according to these guidelines. A breach by a publisher will be seen as a breach by your company and you will be held liable, and, so could we.
- Our brand should not be featured on any sites with streaming, torrents, pornography or anything of an obscene nature. The sites that Mr Green are featured on should be within the Mr Green brand guidelines and values
Take your creative from us to stay compliant
- Only use our updated banners, mailers or landing pages as we work to keep them compliant
- Only use Mr Green supplied banners and landing pages so that you don’t run the risk of creating something non-compliant
- If you are using JPGs as your banners, they may be out of date, so please contact us so that we can review and approve them. We kindly ask you to use our tracking codes for the creatives you use as we keep those updated from our side
- Any variation of our creatives should be sent to your affiliate manager for approval
Failure to adhere to the ASA regulations is a breach of the Mr Affiliate Program Terms and Conditions so please implement the above if you have not already.
We appreciate you working with us on this and would recommend, if you have not already, reading through the ASA guidelines which has a wealth of information.