Belgium License Casinos
The Belgian gambling license is a privilege for large sites that want to expand their sphere of influence. Belgium is located very close to UK and is very similar in terms of gambling regulations with its neighboring jurisdictions. The main regulator of gambling is the Belgian Gambling Commission (BGC).
The law on gambling was rewritten in early 2011. According to its requirements, each site that wants to provide its services via the Internet must be licensed as a real casino, or have a documented partnership with an existing real casino in Belgium. Show more
The European Commission has repeatedly expressed its concerns about the plans of the BGC, but despite this, a blacklist was created, which includes all resources registered with a domain other than .BE. It is assumed that this list can be expanded to 100 sites. It should also be noted that the fines imposed for payment as a result of recorded violations are very high.
For example, for the operation of an online casino that has not been licensed, a fine of € 25 000 is imposed. The law clearly specifies situations that can lead to a significant increase in the amount of the fine (up to € 100 000.
Type of License
To get the additional gambling license, one of seven types, company should get the regular gambling license. These types of sub-license are for online business only, but can’t be obtain without regular license. Here is a list of types of Belgium licenses:
- A-A + – for regular casinos, not the online ones.
- B-B + – gaming license for casinos and rooms with slot machines.
- C – gambling license of Belgium for bars (“drinking establishments”) with slot machines;
- D – for the personnel working in a casino;
- E – for manufacturers, installers and companies working with the repair of gaming equipment;
- F1-F2-F1 + – for sports betting and races (F1), for bookmakers (F2). A license F1 + is provided for online sweepstakes;
- G1-G2 – license for gambling via TV and telephone.
In addition to licensing the commission monitors the activities of gambling establishments, imposes fines for violating gambling laws, protects players’ rights, and so on. In particular, when considering issues related to a Class “E” license the commission cooperates with the metrology unit of the Ministry of Economy, which tests the gambling equipment produced.
Benefits of Belgium License
- European license;
- White list;
- Strict regulations that guarantee safe business environment;
- The ability to advertise casino in EU.
|#||Online casino||AffGambler Rating||Welcome bonus||Reviews|
Best Casino Bonuses
Gambling Licence Providers